Monday, December 31, 2012

1 Week Exercise Challenge: Monday

Today is New Year's Eve and that means eating out and consuming alcohol. But this year I am going to change that.

Sometimes you can't escape eating out when you are with friends and family, but that doesn't mean you can't still make healthy choices! Make sure when eating out, you pick something on the menu with some colour (fruits and vegetables). When everything on your plate is one colour of beige, that is a sign that your meal is lacking nutrients. The more colours you have on your plate, the healthier it will be. Think redyelloworange, and especially green.

This morning I continued my exercise regimen with yoga. I used Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown DVD and tried level 2. This video is a great all over body workout. I feel a little bit stronger now! Because I feel great after my workout, I am more likely to eat healthier. My body is now craving the nutrients it needs. Therefore, I will be much more aware of what I eat tonight.

As for the alcohol, I have decided to drive tonight so that I am forced to keep myself away from the drinks. Many alcoholic beverages such as beer have an extremely high calorie count and should really be taken out of your diet if you're striving for a healthier lifestyle. I may have a glass of champagne at midnight, but that's it!

Have a great night and stay safe!





No comments:

Post a Comment