Tuesday, January 1, 2013

1 Week Exercise Challenge: Tuesday

Happy New Year Everyone! For most people today would be one of the toughest days to motivate yourself to workout. You probably stayed up all night and partied hard. Theres nothing wrong with having a little fun! But, today is the beginning of a new year and you want to start it off well, right? So don't even think about lying around all day. Pull yourself together and squeeze in a thirty minute workout.

Today I woke up and didn't feel like I could do a whole workout, but as I started moving I felt much better and managed to get through level 1 of Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs from start to finish. Now don't be fooled, it may be level 1 but this DVD is intermediate to advanced and even level 1 is tough! When you really don't feel up for a workout, start with something easy and see if how you feel afterwards. You may have more energy than you thought. Push yourself a little! You won't know what you're really capable of until you try something new.

This year I didn't have any alcohol to celebrate New Year's Eve and today I woke up feeling much better an previous years when I did. I find alcohol to be quite unnecessary and I would rather be feeling excited and energized for the first day of 2013 than nauseated and defeated. A glass of wine here and there is just fine but if the aftermath is grim, then what's the point? Take care of your body, you only have one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment