Sunday, September 2, 2012

Daaaay 2!

Day 2

It's the end of day 2 and I have conquered my daily challenge. It was tough but I managed to make a Tiramisu birthday cake for my dad. It has been a dream of mine to learn how to make this amazing dessert and I hope I did the Italians proud. It wasn't perfect but it wasn't bad for my first try!


I got the recipe from Anna Olson's Back to Baking



This cookbook (or I should say baking book) is incredible! So far every dessert I've tried has produced amazing results. Although I should warn you, they are very rich. She uses lots of eggs and heavy cream. She does however, have many egg free, dairy free, and gluten free recipes in the book you can try as well.

It was fun to finally try this recipe but it's now time to start thinking healthy again! By the end of the month I want to be fit and in shape, so Anna Olson will have to go back on the shelf until the next occasion.

*Yesterday I got busy unexpectedly and had to run some errands after work during the time set aside to take a walk. I almost gave up but instead I parked a fair distance away from the store so I was able to get some exercise in! Remember, life will try to break down your routine but you have to stay strong and find a creative way to compromise.

Remember don't give up! Yes, it's hard but if you keep your mind in the game, you will succeed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment