Monday, September 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Table Centerpiece!

Day 24

I realize that it's not even October yet but Thanksgiving in Canada is fast approaching! Today I went to the dollar store and picked up some paint, glitter, and rhinestones. What was I planning on doing with these items? Make a Thanksgiving centerpiece of course! After the dollar store I took a trip to the grocery store to buy 3 small pumpkins. Instead of carving the pumpkins I decided to paint them. That way they will keep a lot longer and I can have them around for Halloween as well. After I painted them three different colours, I used the great rhinestone patters I found to really make them shine! I even included the pumpkin stems by painting them gold and adding glitter glue around the base. As a bonus I painted traditional jack-o-lantern faces on the backs of them to tie the two holidays together. The pumpkins were then placed on three different candelabras that are at different heights (like a spiral staircase). To finish it off you can add either a ribbon or some fabric at the base of the centerpiece. Gold would look beautiful! And there you have it a beautiful centerpiece that will last you the whole month of October:)


Try using red, orange, and brown to give it more of an autumn feel! 


No comments:

Post a Comment