Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Get the Wheels Turning!

Day 25

Today I went to a really beautiful home decor store in downtown Ottawa called Marie Antoinette. The name says it all. It is full of pieces that have an ornate feel. They have crystal chandeliers, Paris themed objects, and all the fine furnishings I have been dreaming of! They also have an entire room dedicated to Christmas decor. As soon as I walked into the room I was in heaven! It was like walking into the end of It's a Wonderful Life. There were amazing ornaments that took you back to the 1920's and Christmas trees that were decorated immaculately. They even had my favourite classic Christmas songs playing. I would love to bring a chair next time I visit and plant myself in that room for hours. It was that beautiful.

The reason why I bring this up is because the store inspired me! It got my wheels turning. I got so many wonderful ideas for decorating my home just by walking in the door. If you're ever in a rut and can't seem to generate new ideas, get out and about. It takes a lot of imagination to put together a store like Marie Antoinette and by visiting today I was able to appreciate it and come up with some of my own ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment